I have lived in Lugarno for 26 of my 36 yrs. I went to Lugarno Public School as a child and now am privileged enough to send 2 of my own children there (with 2 more almost ready to go!). I first met my wife at Lugarno Public School, I have a lot to thank Lugarno for!
My father Henk Emans has been a real estate agent in Lugarno since I was a teenager which is where my passion for property and building originated.
Work Background: My brother and I established our own building company straight after university. We worked together for 15 years building houses for clients, and building and selling our own properties. My extensive building and property development background gives me a great experience base as a now full time real estate agent, joining the family business that has a 15 year and counting history in the St. George and Sutherland Shire.
Best things I have done:
- Getting married to my soul mate
- Having 4 children
- Starting my own business at age of 21
- 3 trips to Cape York
- Hawkesbury Classic 2015 -111km kayaking challenge – I was one of 600 paddlers challenging myself to paddle overnight down the Hawkesbury River from Windsor to Brooklyn to raise money for charity. In 2016 I want to do it again, up the ante on the fundraising and beat my time. Anyone is welcome to join me…
- In 2015 I went barramundi fishing in Kakadu
For fun I:
- I love all outdoor activities particularly those that involve the water. My favourites at the moment are boat trips with the family water skiing, paddling my surf ski and training for the next Hawkesbury Classic. I also enjoy the snow with the family
- Teaching the kids to ski and snow board
- I love to have a coffee with a friend, I have 4 daughters so “man” dates are essential
- I enjoy anything with a motor including motorbikes
- Tinkering in my man cave
- Lugarno Public School
- Trinity Grammar School
- Bachelor of Building and Construction Management (UTS)
I love Sydney because:
- There are so many beautiful waterways to explore and enjoy
- Diversity in culture and family origins make Sydney vibrant and exciting
- Wonderful choices of restaurants and cafes
- Great place to raise a family with so many opportunities